Wednesday, June 18, 2014

FedEx is on the “naughty list” but the good news is Canada has “Leafs TV”

GG

Time of typing: 20140618 at 2:07 AM EST

Location of Typing: Iceland Air: Economy Class

Title: FedEx is on the “naughty list” but the good news is Canada has “Leafs TV”

In an effort to save cash, we flew out of Toronto, and it did help big time financially. That’s my only free travel tip; the next one will cost you -LOL. The ride from Detroit to Toronto was exactly 3.5 hours. We only stopped once (potty).
Prior to leaving, I tried to stick around as long as possible waiting on FedEx to deliver my fresh batch of Express Clothes (my favorite store) that I ordered last week, but they never came. As I pulled in to my friend’s driveway to park my car in Toronto, FedEx conveniently called my cell phone to let me know they had dropped off my package.
·         Sidebar challenge: Currently, I’m trying to work on getting that package rerouted to my hotel in Geneva, but I know I should probably just accept defeat and move forward.
We arrived in Toronto at about 5:00 PM EST, and our flight did not leave until 9:00 PM EST. So, we had to freshen up at our friend’s home, and of course, we were offered the opportunity to watch “Leafs TV.” If you don’t know what this is, it’s very similar to the “Yes Network” in New York: all Yankees baseball, all the time. Instead “Leafs TV” is all Toronto Maple Leafs hockey, all the time. I hope you can feel my sarcastic humorous tone about “Leaf’s TV.” Needless to say, we took advantage of the staying ahead of schedule by 2 hours instead of hanging around to check out the latest on the Maple Leaf’s.
We made the right decision because I have become an instant “fan boy” for the Toronto airport (picture attached): iPads for all, electronic charging stations falling from the sky, Wi-Fi is fast and “free.99!”, and….and …..and…… and… yeah, Way to go Canada on that one!
We should be arriving to Iceland in less than an hour for a short layover. I wish we could hang out in Iceland for a day or longer. It’s known for having natural hot springs, and during the summer months, the sun never goes down all the way. Also, I hear the whale watching is amazing! (Call me a dork; I've been called worst -LOL).
Outside of the cultural learning experience (thanks CMU), the most enjoyable portion of this trip is being able to spend time with my wife. Back home, we’re both so busy we rarely get to see each other. Either I’m sleep by the time she gets done working or vice versa, and some days our only communication is via Gmail.  
For now, that’s all I have. Remember “Don’t look back; you’re not going that way!”

p.s.

Random visual description: I got the window seat.