Sunday, June 22, 2014

Uber is really fast

GG
Time of typing: 20140621 at 8:42 PM EST
Location of Typing: Lausanne, Switzerland (a friend’s apartment)

So, I left one of my USA to Europe adapters in Paris; I blame Uber. Our car showed up in less than 90 seconds after I put in the request, and I needed a star (Mario Bros. reference) to get all the luggage down in time before the car left.
Another thing that confused me about today was the European Train system. You just get on. No security check, no ticket check or etc. Just, find your seat, and once your own, it’s completely bananas in there; people walking back from car to car like it’s a social affair. If I would’ve know this, I could’ve saved the couple hundred bucks on my actually purchasing tickets. About an hour into the trip, some guy did come by with an iphone scanning tickets, but I was already a quarter of the way to my destination by then. What was he going to do….kick me off (LOL)?
ANYWAY! Yesterday, we visited the Versailles Palace and Gardens which is an absolute “must see” if you are ever in the Paris area. Actually, I would recommend it over the Eiffel Tower. Essentially, Versailles is where Louis XIII, XIV, and XV lived. Each individual king has an incredible story. I really don’t have time to talk about each in this blog, but make sure you google them when you’re board. My favorite is Louis the XV because he was known as the “party king,” and I’m always down for a good party. Versailles is not in Paris; it’s out in the burbs. Again, trust me when I say it’s worth the trip (30 minute train ride).
Today, we walked around Lausanne, and it was their “music day” which was pretty awesome. There were free concerts all around the city. All types of music were honored, and they associated hip-hop music with techno music (not sure why). However, being the hip-hop enthusiast I am I stopped by just the techno area just to see what was going on #nothingtowritehomeabout.
In closing, I would just like to say I had the best hot chocolate of all time today. Words can’t justify the seriousness of how great this hot chocolate was so I’ve attached a picture of the bar that serves it (in Lausanne).
Ok, that’s all I have for now. Tomorrow, CMU’s HSC 516 course officially kickoffs in Geneva. I can’t wait to catch up with some of my classmates. FIRE UP CHIPS!!! Until next time, see ya!

Remember Your past was never a mistake if you learned from it.
p.s.

Random visual description: The “it’s ok, but it’s not really ok” look on my face because our friends in Lausanne own a cat.